Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Jesus is the reason for the season


Christmas is my favorite time of the year.  To say exactly why,  searching my mind I don't know why.  Maybe it's the family gatherings,  the planning,  the gift giving,  the knowledge of who was born just to wash away the sins of all man born after him,  it remains my favorite time of the year. 

I remember as a kid we would go to church on Christmas eve night,  then when we got home,  we got to open one gift,  then straight to bed.  I even got left behind one year,   with 6 of us kids,  parents relied on each of us to keep and eye out for one another.  Dad and Mom thought I had gotten into the car with the others,  only to find when they got home that I wasn't in the back seat with my brothers,  all 4 older than me.  When they headed back to church,  they were met by another church family and I was on the lap of the lady from church.  I can vaguely remember it,  and I had called the lady Grandma Meada.  When we got home,  we got our present and I got a baby doll that year,  probably like every year,  but I do remember her.  After that event,  I was about 5, I think, that year,  but my parents then did head counts and name calls before we left everytime we got loaded into the car after that night.  I can remember my Mom talking about how they didn't know I wasn't there,  except afterwards they should have known she said,  for I was always talking non stop and the car was quiet.  Good thing this wasn't a scaring memory,  for I don't remember being scared of being left behind after that.  So I wasn't clingy or anything while growing up.  So no harm was done and the nice people of the church were nice enough to start to take me home. 

I love the sounds of Christmas songs.  Oh Holy Night has to be one of my farvorite ones.  Silent Night,  Away in A Manger,  and oddly enough,  the humor and beat to Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer, too.  Most days it doesn't take much to entertain me.  lol  I don't like the quote,  but.... I am..... a blonde......and have many such moments in life,  in which I like to laugh about.......for humor for the soul makes the wrinkles be laugh lines....Merry Christmas to all...........................



No comments:

Post a Comment

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD