Monday, September 21, 2009

A Rainy Sunday

Today I made ketchup for the first time ever. Since I didn't have the ingredients to make it from a pouch I had picked up, I used a recipe book to look up the ingredients and made up my own recipe. Instead of tasting like regular ketchup, it tastes like BBQ sauce. But it does taste good, and I am no ketchup eater. Too, I added ground spices instead of making a bag of spices to cook in tomatoes then remove them. I do like the way this turned out, but if I make it again, I will alter the ingredients some.
This morning I called Melanie to see what she was up to for the day. Asked if we could have Kiley, she said yes, so we ran over and picked her up. Steve was off today, had no plans for him to do anything, for it dropped 2.4 inches of rain on us this morning. So he got to spend a day with his little grand daughter playing and holding and loving her. Melanie come over later on, then my cousin and her husband stopped by, and then Dave come over. So we had good visits with all. It was a nice way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon. Suppose to rain Monday again, so I might get to sleep in a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD