Thursday, September 10, 2009

I witnessed it....ooowlala.

Today, I spent the biggest part of the day at Melanie's. Leslie and Becky are having an open house for the kids, to welcome our grand baby to the family, instead of a baby shower, we thought it would be better to include everyone, so even the men and children, could see her and visit with the new parents. The party is at Melanie and Dave's house, so I went over to help clean and get things ready for it. I remember how it was having a new little one demanding attention. I had gotten Kiley when she woke up from a little nap, and put her on her tummy on the floor to watch her mom go through a stack of magazines, then we went into Kiley's room and I had taken her in there with us and put her on the floor while putting away a load of clothes. There she lays on the floor on thick blanket on her tummy and not crying, just wiggling around, and there she went, she rolled herself over all by herself. She layed there a moment with her little arms flung out, like whoa, what happened. I laughed and told Mel to look, she had rolled by herself. When I picked her up, I praised her on being such a big girl. And she just kept smiling. She will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. So in closing, Grandma got to share in a special moment already and not just have to hear about it, I witnessed it. And it was great. I look forward to many more firsts with her in the days and weeks and years to come. I think she will keep me young at this rate. That moment was good for my heart. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD