Saturday, November 21, 2009

First Tractor of Our Collection - 1950-Farmall-M


I was thinking, maybe I should blog about our collection of Antique Tractors, since this will open the door a little for people to know us.
We purchased our first tractor in 1990. Steve was working for International Harvester company then. He had delivered some piece of equipment to a farmer in neighboring state of MO. While there talking with the farmer, he spotted the tractor in the farmers shed, which sparked conversation. The farmer said he would sell it, for it only took up space in his shed, he didn't use it any longer. The farmer quoted Steve price he would take for it, running and good paint job. When Steve got home, he talked with me and we decided it was time he had his own pulling tractor, as he had been pulling his dad's old tractor which one of my brothers had bought.
Steve and my brother went and got the tractor.
Steve taught me to drive it, as well as taught both our girls when they were old enough and could reach the pedals.
Steve got me into pulling with him, for weight classes we could pull as many classes as we could weigh for. So we took turns pulling at pulls. It become a family outing for the summer time. The girls both enjoyed visiting with other youngsters and even the pullers themselves.
Over the years, Steve has added some features onto this tractor. He added power steering, hydraulics, and a front end loader. This tractor has sort of been retired from the pulling circuit, and is used every year for a track work tractor at our club pulls. It is easy to use around the farm also.
It's so true, you never forget your first......tractor, which lead to the start of our collection.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Look at your fancy new page makeover!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD