Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dec. 30 Reverb journey

December 30 – Gift Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?

Gift - Emotional - For me it has to be the anticipation of opening the presents by the kids. As children they always asked for an early gift, and we usually gave in and let them open one or two. Now that they are grown, they still want to open one early, but we don't give in now. So they question us, "is it this, it is that, did you remember I wanted...". We tell them they are getting a lump of coal, or bundle of switches.
They just say the same ole. "Oh Mom, or Oh Dad....". So it's fun, still poking fun at them wondering what is under the tree.
This year even I was wishing Christmas day to come, for I was wondering if I too, would get what I wished for. And I must have been very good this year, as all my gifts were great ones, and my wished ones. Along with a few surprise ones.

The greatest gift though, was the gathering of our little family, sharing the love and laughter the whole day. The snow which fell Christmas eve, just made it a real old fashioned feeling Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely answer.

    I must be reverbed out. I just have not been able to get into them these last few prompts or so. I kind of feel as if they're going after the same thing over and over.

    ReplyDelete

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD