Monday, December 20, 2010

Dec. 20 Reverb journey

December 20 – Beyond Avoidance What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)

Beyond Avoidance - LOL I sit here, with a shit eatin' grin on my face, wondering, 1.) are you my conscience, or 2.) have you been listening to me talk in my sleep? Because I don't openly discuss things I have avoided doing, I just refer them to my to-do list. My otherwise deterred reason for not doing them, is I just didn't get "around to it".

So which one do you want me to confess too? Would it be the dresses I didn't get sewn for my granddaughter, the material went into drawer for "getting around to". Would it be the chair I haven't gotten refinished yet, it's waiting now, for warmer weather to work on outside, ya know the dusty sanding it needs, I'll get around to it. Or say, replace the one bathroom tile, just because I haven't taken the time to work the one up and put the new one down, now I think I will have to get around to it, for it's a simple task and nothing pressing to do with winter here right now. Let's see, it might be the little red wagon I started to refinish, but got busy with other things, just didn't get around to it, excuse now, it's too cold out to finish it right now, it's also on the to-do list.

Did I tell you I am a list maker. Yip, that's me, I have one now that is only partially marked off from this spring/summer which reminds me of some of the things I had wanted to accomplish, put off to get around to one day.

It could be the kitchen floor, it's needed replacing for years now. Excuse: I need help doing it, I just need to pick a time span when I have the help and get everything needed to complete it gathered together. Biggest thing is to finally pick the replacement floor. What do you call a indecisive person? That's me on picking floor choice.

My bonus: Now that it's out here in black and white for whoever to see, I feel my conscience working at me, and now that to-do list will hang on fridge to remind me daily to get off my rear and get things done. Thank you reverb team member for digging into my head or listening in on my private conversations during lala land babblings for the confession time sharing today.

This was a fun uplifting reverb prompt. I hope if anyone reads this, they feel the lift of their own guilt, compared to my heavy burden now. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! I thought this seemed like a familiar prompt. As in, they already gave us the same one in different wording. So I cheated! ;)

    Lovin' your post. Lovin' the "shit eatin' grin". I can relate.
    Oh and as far as your lists? I am like a list queen! I keep so many lists I have to make a list to keep track of all my lists!!!!

    ReplyDelete

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD