Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Catch up Saturday May 21

Got out of bed this morning, stiff and sore, downer 2 Advil, and Kiley and I read books and looked at pictures for half an hour til Grandma could move freely. Then we got Aunt Leslie up, and went out to breakfast at McDonald's and then off the K-Mart shopping. I detest shopping sprees of most kinds. Clothes shopping is the worst experience in the world for me. But I held in there and got me a pair of jeans and a dress shirt. (I have lost 23 lbs so far since Feb. And my clothes are hanging on me now. I have graduations and birthday parties and wedding shower to attend in the next few weeks, and didn't want to look like the youth of America in those loose baggy clothes.)
So, Saturday evening found us at our friends house helping celebrate their daughters 21st birthday. Had a great time, laughed at the guests as they drank too much and started dancing and karaoke. Was a blast as the little ones, from age 1 up got out on the dance floor. 8:30 come, Melanie and Kiley and Dave had to leave to get K in bed. Mel had driven her truck up with Kiley when we went, Dave come up after work. They left, Melanie in the lead, for Dave had to find Kiley's cup she left on table. Dave called Leslie about 7 minutes after he left, saying he got hit by a deer. Of course, we left immediately, and he hit the deer just about a quarter mile from the turn off to our farm, approximately 1 mile from where I hit my deer last fall.
That road is deer crossing area for sure. The deer hit him, he didn't hit it. It ran right into the side of his little car. Luckily, it didn't go in his window at him. He wasn't hurt, car was drivable home. Window won't roll up, so I duct taped a piece of clear shower curtain over it, til the insurance company can get there to look at it and get it in to get fixed. We let Dave borrow our 4x4 truck til he can get a loaner car. He loves driving that truck anyway. lol Gotta praise God for riding with us at times like these. He is for sure our co-pilot.




No comments:

Post a Comment

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD