Friday, November 26, 2010

Staying warm anyway I can


Last week, Steve, Leslie and I headed to farm for Steve to put blade on tractor, and push some dirt into some water washout areas in our field. I had driven the 706 to the area with dirt scoop hooked on it for Steve to use. So when I started getting cold standing out in the wind, I sat down inside the tractor tire out of the wind. Silly me, I didn't take a coat, just a flannel shirt of Steve's to put over my tee, as it was shirt sleeve beautiful out when we got there. As the afternoon progressed, it got chilly, then got cold. Standing next to the motor of the tractor running wasn't keeping the wind off me. So I planted myself inside the tire out of the wind. Leslie laughed at me, and said to give her my phone. She then took this picture to show people I am a dork she said. I told her I thought I was smart in finding shelter. We enjoyed a good laugh. After Steve was done with this tractor, we took it back to park and got the truck and kept warm while he finished filling area needing filled in. I made note to self, put extra coat in all trucks to be ready for these sort of days in future.

1 comment:

  1. I try to keep a jacket in our car because ya just never know...especially around here where weather can change so drastically. I think you were smart too!

    ReplyDelete

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD