Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rainy Wednesday


We are finally getting some much needed rain. It rained Monday afternoon 1.2 inches. But came so fast and hard it ran off more than it soaked into the ground.
This morning early, it started raining again. This time the rain is slower and soaking in. It's a very cold rain, making sitting on back porch watching the squirrels feast on their ear corn, not quit comfortable. But I sat out there anyway.
Yesterday I tried out a new biscuit recipe. Bacon Cheddar Cheese Biscuits. Turned out very well. Will be sure to make it again, maybe for a Sunday morning brunch meal on a lazy winter day.
Weather forecast is for rain to continue and turn into sleet, possibly snow during the Thanksgiving day tomorrow. Such a contrast to the last months weather we have had here. I have to be honest, I am anticipating the snow. I love to watch the snow fall. There is something about the calming effect of falling snow, walking in it, catching the flakes in your mouth, just breathing in the cold cleansed air of a snow fall.
So now that I have envisioned snow falling, I feel sort of down with the dark clouds outside. I feel closed in and restless. Looks like it will be a piddle around day and maybe a Harry Potter movie. Can't wait to see the newest release.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD