Sunday, June 13, 2010

Something to think about.

http://dailywd.womansday.com/blog/2010/06/daily-dose-is-this-really-the-best-way-to-treat-ocd.html


I think so many of us can relate to not understanding mental illness. The article from online Woman's Day magazine published a blog by a lady who didn't do her research on her topic, just critiqued the TV show she had caught one episode of.
I myself have misundertood OCD, and thought without medical diagnosis that I had it. Forms of OCD are many, and I now have to say I am not one of the millions who suffer from it. OCD is more complex than my little habits and oddities. So I am going to change my outlook on those who really suffer from OCD. The little things which bother me, I am able to control and having mind over matter is something those who suffer OCD have to retrain their minds to be able to overcome their obsession. So for those who suffer, God be with you on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD