Friday, October 29, 2010

Boo, See me now?


Be cautious driving, especially this time of year. Hunting season makes the deer move even more than usual.

A deer tried to beat the odds of crossing the road in the beams of my headlights Sunday night. Only to find a startled driver when I suddenly saw a tan/brown slim necked deer slam into the front of my truck.



I have been driving a lot of years now, and this was my first experience in it happening to me. I didn't know whether to curse the deer for the fender bender, or feel sorry for it lost it's life.
God guided me thru it, for I was not hurt and was able to drive on home.
$2000 damage, but fixable, and hopefully it won't happen again. After 11 1/2 years of owning my truck, God has seen to keep me safe and accident free all this time. Monday morning at 8am, I will drop off my truck at Ford dealership here in town, and they will do all repairs. I made appointment on Wed. and they pulled the bumper back from tire so I could get door open and drive it if needed. Right turns were putting tire into bumper, left turns were fine, and now I don't have to climb across from passenger side to enter either.
Hopefully with in a week, I will have it back. Not looking forward to the loaner car. Maybe I can talk them into a truck loaner.




No comments:

Post a Comment

In my Attic

What you are about to read is things from my life in the real world as well as thoughts from my attic.
Attic: Storage space at the top of my head.
Some things will be just off the top of my head too. Beware, no view warnings will appear on posts. Enter my blog at your own risk.
PS - I BELEIVE IN GOD